Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

NEW BIKE PARTS AND A NEW LOCAL WORKOUT ROUTE

Okay. So I have been dragging my feet a bit and have not imported my Bike The Drive pictures to my computer yet. That's kinda why I haven't blogged this last week at all. So I decided to just do some other blogging until I get those loaded to the computer. I decided to look for a new pair of folding pedals this year. Last year on my Grand Illinois Trail trip, I got all of about 200 miles on the last set of folding pedals I had. Then the bearing surfaces got filled with trail grit and the pedals would randomly start turning with the chain and crank arm. Extremely annoying! Especially when you are trying to climb a hill!
I got the pedals in order to make my Montague folding bike a bit thinner when it is stuffed into the bike bag. So I have learned my lesson about going with the el cheapo model.
      I bought these new pedals for $55 at Main Street Bicycles in Carpentersville, Ill.
MKS folding pedals box.
MKS folding pedals.
I will attach these pedals to my bike this week sometime and start testing them then.I have also recently purchased a Schwinn soft medium saddle with the junk protector slot in the middle of the seat. I attached that before todays ride. I seemed to work well. More to follow in the future on that. Below are some pictures I took with my Iphone camera. Each picture has an American Bald Eagle in the frame somewhere. Sure wish I had taken my digital camera with.
American Bald Eagle.
Bike riders on Fox River Trail stopped and staring at Bald Eagle.
Bald Eagle has moved to other side of Fox River on top of dead tree.
American Bald Eagle on branch in middle of Fox River.
The Bald Eagle started out on a limb of a tree in the center of the river. He eventually got unnerved by the presence of so many humans and their starting at him, that he finally got up from his perch and swooped by us to get a closer look and then went to this dead tree on the other side of the River. After he landed on the top of the dead tree local small birds started to harrass him as he sat there.
     I managed to get in 30 miles on the bike today. I will add a map of my workout route from Map My Ride a little bit later.

2 comments: